Here are some of my Highlights from 2018; I Look forward to an equally interesting and better 2019.
It was indeed a roller coaster year for me and I’ve outlined 10 of my most memorable moments and experiences below:
(1) The year started on a bad note for myself and my family as we lost my younger sister Ms. Ugo Nora Nkeiruka, who died on the 26th of January 2018 at the age of 36 years old after a Heart Attack.
(2) Launching my Luxury DIDI Bead Bag Collection and subsequently doing the Campaign Shoot at the desert in Dubai, is one fulfilling experience I wouldn’t forget in a hurry.
(3) I had my first Pop Up at West London during summer which lasted for three Months.
It was worth every penny I invested as the sales and acceptance of the bead bags by Londoners was quite encouraging
(4) DIDI CREATIONS had been featured by British Vogue, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, Tatler and Elle UK in the past, however being featured by Elle South Africa 2018 summer got me all excited when I stumbled upon the publication, especially as we are yet to take our brand to the South African Market, which we hope to expand into, in the near future.
(5) Launching DIDI CREATIONS flagship store in Lagos, Nigeria is a dream come true for me.
6) Thanks to all the media houses that interviewed me in 2018, I do not take your support for granted.
I’ve listed some 2018 interview links below for those of you who missed it.
(7) Turning 40 in October was so Surreal and equally made me do an overhaul of my life and relationships.
(8) It’s no secret for those that know me that my dream and ultimate goal is to travel the world.
The Maldives was one of those destinations at the top of my Bucket List hence it felt so fulfilling to celebrate my 40th at the Maldives with my Squad.
(You can read up about my Birthday celebration on previous posts and watch full videos on my YouTube channel: Tina Ugo)
(9) I couldn’t have asked to end the year any other way as I was declared the winner for;
“THE BEST ENTREPRENEUR 2018” at the recently concluded Creative African Awards. London.
(10) Finally, being able to reach out to women and children in Zambia through my NGO (Fashion With A Purpose) in partnership with the Mumba Children’s Project was very fulfilling.
Thanks to everyone who played a role one way or the other to make my 2018 an unforgettable one.
I LOVE YOU ALL.